If anything changes in the future regarding college student aid or debt-free college, I’ll need to reach you immediately to let you know. The way I’ll reach you will be through my free weekly email newsletter.
Here’s How to “Whitelist” My Email Newsletter.
A whitelist is an “approved senders” list of email addresses or domains you want to receive emails from. When you add firstname.lastname@example.org to this “approved senders” list, you’re instructing your email system to not filter out email from me. This ensures that my newsletter gets delivered directly to your inbox.
Whitelisting takes only a minute. To help you with the process, I’m providing a list of step-by-step instructions for the largest email providers. If, after adding me to your address book, you still do not receive my newsletters, look for it in your updates folder, promotions folder, spam folder, junk folder, or bulk folder. If it’s there, please open the message and mark it “Not Spam” or “Not Junk” to prevent future emails from being misdirected.
- Open the email.
- Click on email@example.com.
- Click “Add Contact” in the window that appears.
- Enter any additional information.
- Click Add Contact.
- AOL (version 9.0 or higher)
- Copy firstname.lastname@example.org from my latest email.
- In the pop-up box, select Add.
- Paste email@example.com in the Other email field.
- Make the address the “Primary email address” by checking the checkbox.
- Select Save.
- Open your mailbox and click on Options in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the address book icon under the Yahoo! Mail logo. When you roll your mouse over it, it will say Contacts.
- Click “New Contact“.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Save.
- Open your Contacts list by clicking Gmail in the top-left corner of your Gmail page, then choose Contacts. (If you are a Google Apps user, click Mail and then Contacts. Contacts are also available at www.google.com/contacts.)
- Click the New Contact button in the top-left corner.
- In the field labeled “Name” enter: Jeannie Burlowski.
- In the field labeled “Email” enter: email@example.com.
- Any information you add will save automatically.
Note: There’s a chance that your emails from me may be delivered to your Promotions tab or your Updates tab. To move it to the front of your inbox, select my email and drag and drop it into the Primary tab. Another way to do this is to right-click my message while viewing your inbox. After moving my email, a message above your inbox will ask if you want to undo that action or move all future messages from firstname.lastname@example.org to your Primary inbox. Click ‘Yes’ to confirm the change.
(Formerly MSN and Hotmail)
- Open your Outlook mailbox.
- Select Options from the top right (next to the question mark).
- Select More options > Safe and blocked senders (under Preventing junk email) > Safe senders.
- In the space provided, enter email@example.com.
- Select Add to list.
- Ensure the safe mailing lists box has the address you entered, and select OK.
- From your mailbox screen click on Address Book.
- Click the Add button.
- Into the field provided enter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Save button.
All other Email providers:
Whitelisting instructions vary, so if your email provider is not in the list above, you may need to contact them directly for instructions. However, in most cases, adding my newsletter address (email@example.com) to your address book, contact list or safe senders list is sufficient.