By this time nearly everyone’s heard of Gary Chapman’s book, The 5 Love Languages. It’s sold over 11 million copies, it’s the 12th most popular book on Amazon (where it has more than 13,000 5-star reviews), and it’s been a New York Times Bestseller 8 years running.
Want a super fast explanation of The 5 Love Languages?
This funny explanation by @Alonzo_Creed has been retweeted 52,000 times on Twitter:
1. Words of Affirmation: “This is a good burrito.”
2. Acts of Service: “I made you a burrito.”
3. Receiving Gifts: “Here’s a burrito.”
4. Quality time: “Let’s go get some burritos together.”
5. Physical touch: Arms around a person wrapped in a warm hug, like a burrito.
Are you wondering which one or two of The 5 Love Languages your teen, spouse, or other loved one is most wired to receive? Use the quick free 5 Love Languages assessment that author Gary Chapman offers on his website. You might also love Gary’s other book: The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers: The Secret to Loving Teens Effectively.
Continue Reading »