To listen to my best debt-free college interview yet, click here.
Be sure your sound is on.
Short on time? Listen to 9 selected clips from this interview by scrolling down here.
Listen while you’re driving or getting ready in the morning, and you just might change the life of a student you love.
In March of 2018 I was interviewed by Andy Earle, a Loyola Marymount University researcher who focuses on parent-teen communication and teen thriving and flourishing.
I’ve been interviewed many times since my book LAUNCH came out in 2017, but this interview is by far the best. It’s the best produced, the most in-depth, the most inspiring, and the most informative.
To listen to the entire interview, or to quickly listen to just a few select clips, click here.
You’ll feel a growing sense of hope for the teens and 20somethings you love.
Continue Reading »
I was recently interviewed by Krista Gilbert on her “Hey Sister!” podcast. It was a great conversation, almost an hour, full of practical tips for anyone who loves a kid age 12 – 22.
To listen to the podcast, click on Episode 19 here.
Some of the topics we covered include:
- Strategies not just for getting your child into college, but for getting him or her through college debt-free.
- Why your local state university is probably not your child’s bargain college option
- Why the lowest college prices may be at private universities that look only at the FAFSA financial aid form
- Why “dual enrollment” is better than AP when it comes to earning inexpensive college credit in high school
- How to spread the scholarship application process over 8 years rather than trying to do it all during the senior year of high school
- How moms and dads can navigate the emotional difficulty of “letting go” of college-bound children with grace and faith and hope.
Continue Reading »