I was recently interviewed by Krista Gilbert on her “Hey Sister!” podcast. It was a great conversation, almost an hour, full of practical tips for anyone who loves a kid age 12 – 22.
To listen to the podcast, click on Episode 19 here.
Some of the topics we covered include:
- Strategies not just for getting your child into college, but for getting him or her through college debt-free.
- Why your local state university is probably not your child’s bargain college option
- Why the lowest college prices may be at private universities that look only at the FAFSA financial aid form
- Why “dual enrollment” is better than AP when it comes to earning inexpensive college credit in high school
- How to spread the scholarship application process over 8 years rather than trying to do it all during the senior year of high school
- How moms and dads can navigate the emotional difficulty of “letting go” of college-bound children with grace and faith and hope.
Continue Reading »